<$BlogRSDURL$>

Observations on the world today.

Friday, February 20, 2004

The following exchange is from yesterday's white house press briefing. It's the bomb.

Q So why not -- why aren't you standing behind (the prediction that America will add 2.6 million new jobs this year)?

WHITE HOUSE PRESS SECRETARY SCOTT McCLELLAN: I think what the President stands behind is the policies that he is implementing, the policies that he is advocating. That's what's important.

Q That's not in dispute. The number is the question.

MR. McCLELLAN: I know, but the President's concern is on the number of jobs being created --

Q My question is, why was the prediction made --

MR. McCLELLAN: -- and the President's focus is on making sure that people who are hurting because they cannot find work have a job. That's where the President's focus is.

Q Then why predict a number? Why was the number predicted? Why was the number predicted? You can't get away with not -- just answer the question. Why was that number predicted?

MR. McCLELLAN: I've been asked this, and I've asked -- I've been asked, and I've answered.

Q No, you have not answered. And everybody watching knows you haven't answered.

White House Press Briefing, 2/18/04


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?