<$BlogRSDURL$>

Observations on the world today.

Monday, March 29, 2004

Political Wire: Kerry Pledges To Tap Gephardt 

According to Taegan Goddard
Over the weekend, Sen. John Kerry "held a reception for former backers of Rep. Dick Gephardt's presidential bid," Knight Ridder reports. Kerry then hinted that Gephardt "could become his running mate or serve in a Kerry administration."

Said Kerry: "If I have my way, I will be finding some way, somehow that this man continues in public service."
I've never been a huge Gephardt supporter. It was his decision to go negative against Dean in Iowa that cost him the caucus which arguably led to his loss of the nomination. But if Kerry insists on putting Gephardt on the staff in some capacity, I suppose I should adjust my picks to reflect that fact. So here are my updated picks:

President John Kerry
VP Max Cleland
National Security Advisor Wes Clark
Deputy to the National Security Advisor Rand Beers
Sec. of State Lt. General Claudia Kennedy
Chief of Staff Gary Hart
Sec. of Homeland Security Al Gore
Sec. of Defense Leon Fuerth
Deputy Secretary of Defense Joe Wilson
Co-Deputy Secretary of Defense Karen Kwiatkowski
Attorney General John Edwards
Secretary of the Treasury Robert Rubin
Surgeon General Howard Dean
EPA Robert F. Kennedy Jr.
Fed Chair Paul Krugman
Media Liason Dick Gephardt

Hey, the guy knows how to schmooze.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?