<$BlogRSDURL$>

Observations on the world today.

Saturday, March 06, 2004

Steady Leadership My Eye 

Yahoo! News - Bush Ads Use World Trade Center Imagery
"I know exactly where I want to lead this country," Bush says in a different ad.
And just where exactly would that be, George? Down the crapper?

This is the same thing dubya said in his Meet the Press Interview.
President Bush: Well, I don't plan on losing. I’ve got a vision for what I want to do for the country. See, I know exactly where I want to lead. I want to lead us — I want to lead this world toward more peace and freedom. I want to lead this great country to work with others to change the world in positive ways, particularly as we fight the war on terror, and we got changing times here in America, too.
Well, that's just great, George. And now would be as good a time as any to start.

Seriously, I think this may be a theme that they have trained him to parrot. And it doesn't mean a damned thing. It's almost as if he is saying that - unlike those other guys - he has a secret plan for where he wants to lead the country.

Any boob can say, "I know exactly where I want to lead this country." I'm sure Dennis Kucinich knows exactly where he wants to lead this country. So does Lyndon LaRouche. Why should I vote for George W. Bush just because he claims he knows exactly where he wants to lead this country over either of those other men? Doesn't John Kerry know where he wants to lead the country? Didn't Howard Dean? Doesn't Osama bin Laden?

We all know where Bush wants to lead this country. A greater variance in the gap between rich and poor. A huge deficit. Culture wars. Quagmire after quagmire. The gradual destruction of every single New Deal program. And who knows what else - the New World Order?

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?