<$BlogRSDURL$>

Observations on the world today.

Saturday, April 17, 2004

It's Called Google 

Power Line: Hillary's Alternative Reality
NBC's Dateline aired an interview by Katie Couric with Hillary Clinton yesterday. It's of little interest, except for this exchange:
Couric: “How do you feel when people say, 'Well the Clinton administration should've done this., they should've responded more forcefully to the USS Cole. There were many things that could've been done prior to the Bush administration taking over, things that weren't done.’"

Clinton: “I think that is one of the questions that this commission should help us answer. It's been said, and I think it's accurate, that my husband was obsessed by terrorism in general and al-Qaida in particular. And they did a lot. But there's always room for analysis about what more could've or should've been done. And I think that's true with the Bush administration.”
I'm not sure who exactly has said that Bill Clinton was "obsessed" with terrorism. Dick Morris, for one, has said that Clinton's eyes would glaze over when the topic was mentioned. But this is the revisionist history that we'll be hearing a lot from now on.
(Emphasis mine)

After reading this, I distictly remembered hearing somewhere that somebody had said that Clinton had been obsessed with terrorism. So, I did a Google search. Here's what I found:
In fact, some senior Bush officials reportedly believed the Clinton Administration was obsessed with Al Qaeda.
Ahh, Bush officials. Of course. Now I remember.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?