<$BlogRSDURL$>

Observations on the world today.

Thursday, May 06, 2004

 
Happy National Day of Prayer 

National Day of Prayer

Yes, given that today is the officially sanctioned day to openly discard Jesus' mandate of Matthew 6:7-8 to pray in private, I thought I would use this opportunity to link to a few of my favorite religious sites.
Landover Baptist Church
Jesus' Homepage
Jesus Dressup
The Skeptic's Annotated Bible
Maniacal Laughter's List of Reasons Why God Exists
A Great Non-Sequitur Cartoon
Now, you may well ask why I seem to be picking on the Christians. After all, don't other religions pray as well? Yes, they do, and they too are misguided. However, living (as I do) in America under the Bush regime; it is Christianity that I am most often repressed by. If I lived in a country ending in the suffix "Stan" or in a nation with an unofficially recognized yet openly enforced religious caste system, I would be railing equally against Islam or Hinduism. For that matter, I also have no love for the Earth religions or Buddhism or Shintu, Seikism, Scientology or any other of mankind's myriad mass delusions.

Prayer, in my opinion is culpability-escapism and intellectual surrender. I abhor it.

But -- for those who disagree -- have at it. Put your nose to the rug, beads, incense or whatever. I don't care. Just don't expect me to join you.

Permalink

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?