<$BlogRSDURL$>

Observations on the world today.

Friday, June 18, 2004

 
American Hostage Beheaded  

Yahoo! News - Terror Group Beheads U.S. Hostage Johnson

I am sure that I speak for all Americans when I say that we deplore this act of barbarism. It was inexcusable and indefensible.

The Saudi government and the Islamic community have also expressed their shock and regret over this incident. I wish that I could say that I speak for all Americans when I say that we do not hold either all Arabs nor all Muslims responsible for this action. Unfortunately, I know that this is not true. There are those wrongheaded among we Americans who feel that the only appropriate response to such an act is to retaliate in kind.

So on behalf of those of us in America who do not feel that an eye for an eye will do any good unless it is against specifically those individuals responsible for this murder, I apologize in advance to our Arab brethren for those whose blood lust for Muslims and Arabs compels them to rant on these pages or elsewhere in the blogosphere, on message boards, Internet chat rooms or other media.

Permalink

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?