<$BlogRSDURL$>

Observations on the world today.

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

 
Doin' the Hussein Shuffle 

Yahoo! News - Bush Noncommittal on Saddam Handover
President Bush said Tuesday the United States will turn over former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein to the new Iraqi interim government but declined to set a timetable, saying "appropriate security" must first be in place.
Dude, you already set the timetable. June 30th.

I swear if I didn't know better I'd think maybe Bush doesn't really want Hussein to stand trial. If I wasn't so loyal an American, I'd think maybe the administration was trying to give Hussein a technicality to walk on. If I wasn't so sure that my government was 100% above board, I'd think that maybe Hussein had secrets that this administration wanted him to keep for himself rather than exposing them in an international trial.

If I wasn't such a good American that is.

Permalink

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?