<$BlogRSDURL$>

Observations on the world today.

Wednesday, July 21, 2004

 
I'm a War Peace President 

Top News Article | Reuters.com
After launching two wars, President Bush said on Tuesday he wanted to be a "peace president" and took swipes at his Democratic rivals for being lawyers and weak on defense.
....
Bush has called himself a "war president" in leading the United States in a battle against terrorism brought about by the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on America. "I'm a war president. I make decisions here in the Oval Office in foreign policy matters with war on my mind," he said in February.
Here are the two quotes in context:
"I'm a war president. I make decisions here in the Oval Office in foreign policy matters with war on my mind." -- George W. Bush, 2/8/04

"I want to be the peace president." -- George W. Bush, 7/20/04



Oops!

But this isn't the first time Bush has flipped his position. Sure, today he wants to be a peace president, but what did he want to be in 2001?


"I want to be a cowboy."

And then came May, 2003.


"I want to be a pilot."

Make up your damned mind!

Permalink

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?