<$BlogRSDURL$>

Observations on the world today.

Friday, July 16, 2004

 
Slim-Fast's New Spokesperson 




My Way - News

Comedian Whoopi Goldberg will no longer appear in ads for diet aid maker Slim-Fast following her lewd riff on President Bush's name at a fund-raiser last week, the company said on Wednesday.

Florida-based Slim-Fast said it was "disappointed" in Goldberg's remarks at last Thursday's $7.5 million star-studded fund-raiser at Radio City Music Hall in New York.

"Ads featuring Ms. Goldberg will no longer be on the air," Slim-Fast General Manager Terry Olson said in a statement, adding that the company regrets that Goldberg's remarks offended some customers.

I'm getting fat. I think I'll go on a diet just so that I can intentionally NOT buy Slim-Fast. Several years ago, Dr. Pepper hired Dr. Ruth Westheimer to advertise Diet Dr. Pepper, and the religious right threw a fit. As a result, Ruth was released from her contract, and I didn't drink another drop of Dr. Pepper for ten years. So no Slim-Fast for me. The boycott is on. And I'll bet I can go a lot longer than ten years this time too.

Permalink


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?