<$BlogRSDURL$>

Observations on the world today.

Friday, August 20, 2004

 
Bad Idea 

CNN.com - Transcripts

I like Lou Dobbs. I really do. But this question about Najaf floored me.
DOBBS: Let me ask you a question that a number of our viewers have asked, which frankly I think is an interesting question. Why not use some sort of harmless gas, but effective gas against them?

Why not secondarily simply starve them out, since they can be isolated and resolve this so that we don't put American troops at risk?
Umm, the answer to the first part is PR, Lou. So let's see, what's the best way to put down an Iraqi insurgency? Hmm? Oh, I know, let's gas them.

No, and there is no such thing as a 100% safe gas. Just ask the Chechens.

And starving them is out for basically the same reason. We're talking about a whole town here, Lou.

Permalink

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?