<$BlogRSDURL$>

Observations on the world today.

Friday, August 27, 2004

 
Sincerely, XXX 

I just put the following letter in the mail:
(My Personal Info)
August 27, 2004

11 CS/SCS (FOIA)
1000 Air Force Pentagon
Washington, DC 20330-1000

FOIA REQUEST
Fee waiver requested
Expedited review requested

Dear FOI Officer:

Pursuant to the federal Freedom of Information Act, 5 U.S.C. ยง 552, I request access to and copies of The DD258 AF discharge form for Lt. George W. Bush (SSN: xxx-xx-xxxx, Selective Service Number: xx-xx-xx-xxxx, Service Number: AF xxxxxxxx) and/or the form DD256 AF discharge form for Lt. George W. Bush (SSN: xxx-xx-xxxx, Selective Service Number: xx-xx-xx-xxxx, Service Number: AF xxxxxxxx) as well as the Undeleted Separation Document dated November 21, 1974 for Lt. George W. Bush (SSN: xxx-xx-xxxx, Selective Service Number: xx-xx-xx-xxxx, Service Number: AF xxxxxxxx).

I would like to receive the information in electronic format.

Please waive any applicable fees. Release of the information is in the public interest because it will contribute significantly to public understanding of government operations and activities.

If my request is denied in whole or part, I ask that you justify all deletions by reference to specific exemptions of the act. I will also expect you to release all segregable portions of otherwise exempt material. I, of course, reserve the right to appeal your decision to withhold any information or to deny a waiver of fees.

As I am making this request as a journalist and this information is of timely value, I would appreciate your communicating with me by telephone, rather than by mail, if you have questions regarding this request.

Please provide expedited review of this request which concerns a matter of urgency. As a blogger and editorial writer, I am primarily engaged in disseminating information. The public has an urgent need for information about the President's military record because he is running for reelection to the post of Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces, and has in effect created questions concerning his qualifications for this position. I certify that my statements concerning the need for expedited review are true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief.

I look forward to your reply within 20 business days, as the statute requires.

Thank you for your assistance.

Sincerely,
XXX
I wrote the letter with input from the Democratic Underground community, and would like to thank all who contributed. For background on the issue of speculation over Bush's DD 258 AF, see this post.

I'll keep this site updated on my progress.

Permalink

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?