<$BlogRSDURL$>

Observations on the world today.

Thursday, August 12, 2004

 
So Tell Us a Little Bit About Yourself, Porter 

You've probably heard by now that Bush has named U.S. Congressman Porter Goss as his pick for CIA director. Well, this is what Goss has had to say about his qualifications for the post:
"I couldn't get a job with CIA today. I am not qualified."

"I don't have the language skills. I, you know, my language skills were romance languages and stuff. We're looking for Arabists today. I don't have the cultural background probably."

"And I certainly don't have the technical skills, uh, as my children remind me every day: 'Dad you got to get better on your computer.' Uh, so, the things that you need to have, I don't have."
That's okay, Porter. I'm not qualified either.

Next candidate, please!

Permalink

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?