<$BlogRSDURL$>

Observations on the world today.

Thursday, August 26, 2004

 
Where in the World is Carmen SanDiego was John O'Neill? 

"Oh, I guess I made a mistake. We were patrolling the Cambodian border, and I was as close as 100 yards to Cambodia myself, so I guess it is plausible that Kerry was actually inside Cambodia. I can't really say otherwise since I wasn't there when Kerry was."
John O'Neill has NOT said this. Instead, he has said this:
"I was in Cambodia, sir. I worked along the border on the water." 1971

In an interview Sunday on ABC's "This Week" O'Neill said: "Our boats didn't go north of, only slightly north of Sedek," which he said was about 50 miles from the Cambodian border. 8/22/04

"I think I made it very clear that I was on the border, which is exactly where I was for three months. I was about 100 yards from Cambodia." 8/25/04
To recap, last Sunday, he said that he was 50 miles from the Cambodian border, then a tape is released where he says he was IN Cambodia. So then he says that he was very clear that he was 100 yards from Cambodia. Of course even this comes after he said, "I was on the same river, George. I was there two months after him. Our patrol area ran to Sedek, it was 50 miles from Cambodia. There isn't any watery border." How could he be on a watery border 100 yards from Cambodia if Cambodia doesn't have a watery border?

John O'Neill, Swift Boat Liar for Bush.

Quotes via Jesse @ Pandagon

Permalink

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?