<$BlogRSDURL$>

Observations on the world today.

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

 
Signature Follies 

Free Will: Daily libertarian conservative news and commentary!
Except, of course, as CBS has helpfully informed us, this document has been reproduced repeatedly. If that’s the case, absolutely nothing prevented the original author from cutting out a real Killian signature, pasting it onto the new document, and running it through the ole’ Xerox, creating a perfect forged signature. However, while I’m not handwriting expert, I beg to differ about the authenticity of Killian’s signature on this memo:



I don’t know about you, but when I sign my name, I don’t spend much time figuring out new and decorative ways to form the “A” at the beginning. The “K” in Killian is perhaps the most stunning example of this, but it’s clear to me that these represent two individuals with fundamentally different handwriting.
This is a copy of George Bush's signature:



This is another:



However, while I’m not handwriting expert ... I don’t know about you, but when I sign my name, I don’t spend much time figuring out new and decorative ways to form the letter at the beginning. But apparently Bush does, and also apparently so did Killian.

UPDATE: Is my face ever red. Aaron at Freewillblog has caught me in an error. The signature on the top is the signature of George H. W. Bush, the president's father. Mea culpa. I should have been more careful.

But the point is still valid. Two seperate signatures from the same person can look dissimilar on seperate occassions.

Like this:



And this:



Granted they are not as dissimilar as my first two examples, but they are dissimilar enough.

Permalink

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?