<$BlogRSDURL$>

Observations on the world today.

Saturday, September 25, 2004

 
Vichyssois Like Revenge Is Best Served Cold 

Herald.com | 09/25/2004 | Bush slams Kerry for Allawi swipe
''This brave man came to our country to talk about how he's risking his life for a free Iraq, which helps America,'' Bush said at a campaign event in battleground Wisconsin. "And Senator Kerry held a press conference and questioned Mr. Allawi's credibility. You can't lead this country if your ally in Iraq feels like you question his credibility.''
Well, that's not exactly true. Now had Bush said that Allawi could not lead Iraq if America's leaders question his credibility, that might have been valid. Then again, the Vichy government had a hard time running France what with their credibility in question too. But that's what happens when your credibility is questionable.

And now, a scene from Casablanca:
Captain Renault : My dear Ricky, you overestimate the influence of the Gestapo. I don't interfere with them and they don't interfere with me. In Casablanca I am master of my fate! I am...
Police Officer: Major Strasser is here, sir!
Rick : You were saying?
Captain Renault : Excuse me.
Permalink

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?