<$BlogRSDURL$>

Observations on the world today.

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

 
Where Are the Rifle Platoon Veterans For Truth? 

Bring it on, John - Ollie North
Like you, I have a Silver Star and a Bronze Star. I only have two Purple Hearts, though. I turned down the others so that I could stay with the Marines in my rifle platoon.
I challenge Oliver North to prove this assertion. There was no rule - so far as I know - which said that if you had three purple hearts you were REQUIRED to leave combat. In fact, the Swift Boat Veterans for Bush criticized Kerry for taking advantage of the loophole, when - according to them - he didn't have to. And if there were such a rule, turning down the medal would not allow you to stay if they wanted to remove you for having been injured three times. After all, you would still have the injuries.

Oliver North is lying about his record.

Permalink

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?