<$BlogRSDURL$>

Observations on the world today.

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

 
First Impression 

Bush was better tonight. By that I mean he only said about three really stupid things.

What was that rant about the media? And yes, Bush did say that he's not concerned with bin Laden. On March 3, 2002, Bush said, "Well, as I say, we haven't heard much from him. And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure. And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him." So combine that flub with the timber company flub from the last debate and we see that Bush is far too insulated; not only from the rest of the world but from his own world as well.

But I really was disappointed in the questions. It was supposed to be a domestic policy debate, and about half of it was consumed rehashing stuff from the foreign policy debate. And that question about wives was just fluff. Is that the best Sheiffer could come up with?

Permalink

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?