<$BlogRSDURL$>

Observations on the world today.

Saturday, February 26, 2005

 
On a Personal Note 

I received the following email some time ago at a time when I was not blogging. I meant to post it sooner, but it slipped my mind.
Hello:

I stumbled upon your blog today and read your posts about the Franciscan University students and the Kerry campaign. I am a reformed conservative who attended FU but I often wish I had attended somewhere else. It was wonderful to read someone picking apart their assertions.

Anyway, I read your last posts and they struck me because I went through the very same thing a year ago. My heart went out to you. It's painful and I wish you the best. Take care of yourself and make sure to eat and try to sleep.
The writer was talking about my divorce. I wanted to take a moment to publicly thank the writer for taking the time to drop me, a total stranger, such a kind note. I am writing her a personal email reply as well, but kindness of this type deserves special attention. Thank you, Michelle, whoever you are.

Permalink
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?