<$BlogRSDURL$>

Observations on the world today.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

My First Cartoon 


Lottery to take over gamblers hot line
MORGANTOWN — The Lottery Commission plans to bypass state public health officials and take control of West Virginia’s nationally recognized program for compulsive gamblers, a move that is alarming addiction counselors and church groups.

Under the little-known plan, the Department of Health and Human Resources would stop administering the $1.5 million Problem Gamblers Help Network on July 1, when the current contract with First Choice Health Care expires. The Lottery would then begin paying providers directly.
Years ago, I was editorial cartoonist for the Pitt News, the University of Pittsburgh student newspaper. Afterward, I would periodically try my hand at editorial cartoons for my own enjoyment. I think for now I will periodically do one up just to see how it goes. Feel free to let me know what you think of my work in comments.

Cross posted to jdcore.org.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?